Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Neopia awaits!

I am finally on summer vacation and that means I can devote all summer to successfully updating this blog with all my  toy conquests and adventures. As a toy collector I really enjoy visiting the toy sections of thrift stores. Usually I can find some pretty good reasonably priced toys from my childhood and since I am not a stickler concerning toy condition aspects. A lot of my toys are opened and displayed on shelves to save space unless they are exclusives, high value, or if I really like the packaging. There is just something magical about opening a new toy and creating a new display or adding a piece to an existing shelf. I manage to  make out pretty well at thrift store or flea ma. However, there are a few things that I watch out for like visible writing and missing clothing.

I am a huge, huge, huge, collector of stuffed animals. 

Fun fact:
The Huckleberry Pie cloth doll next to Rainbow Brite is the first toy I remember owning as a kid. The original was purchased for me on a family road trip at an IHOP restaurant. I remember throwing it out a window sometime later and screaming my head off until my parents turned around to retrieve it. After that, he lived a very long and happy life as a constant companion to my childhood whims, eventually, he got so battered that my mom had to patch him up using one of my father's t-shirts. The one in the picture was purchased as a christmas gift by my boyfriend three years ago.

Recently, I went to a local thrift store and found a treasure trove of Neopet plushies for five dollars a bag. I loved playing neopets in middle school and high school but the toys which were sold at Target and Limited Too were pretty hard to find and pretty pricey for a kid. Most of these even had the tags still attached and they even gave away a Petpet Noil! I think the rainbow Poogle is my favorite. Not pictured are a Pink aisha, and plushie paintbrush Wocky that I found. On previous trip, I found a talking Kacheek. I think my cat thinks he is a little neopet as well.

Naturally, this glorious find revamped my love for the little digital pets. sadly, I could no longer access my old account under an email that I have not used in years. Thus, I made a new one. I love playing Spellseeker on my foldable laptop because it has a touchscreen. This time, I made a Uni!
What is your favorite Neopet? do you still play? What are your favorite games?

No comments:

Post a Comment